What is Respite Care
Respite Care provides the caregiver with the opportunity to leave the responsibility of caregiving behind for a period of time with the comfort of knowing that their loved one will be in a caring, and nurturing environment. Family members can bring a loved one in to stay at our facility for a long weekend, a week, or a month while they are away on a vacation or business trip.
Level of Care
Respite Care is available for people in need of 24-hour nursing care, Alzheimer's care, Hospice or Intermediate Care. The level of care for your loved one will depend on medical condition and the doctor's recommendation.
Hospice and Respite Care
Family members who are being cared for by Hospice at home are eligible for a five day respite stay on a quarterly basis. This five day respite stay is paid for by Hospice. Ask your Hospice provider and our Director of Admissions for the specifics about the possibility of a respite stay at Continental Nursing and Rehabilitation Center.
Reserving a Room for Respite Care
Respite Care at Continental Nursing and Rehabilitation Center can be scheduled through our Admissions Director who will answer any questions you might have, give you and your loved one a tour of the facility, and gather the pertinent information so we will have everything we need to care for your loved one while you are away. This information includes:
When all the information is collected, we will assign a room based on level of care and availability.
- Current medical condition
- Name and phone number of the primary care physician
- Phone number of contact person in case of emergency
- Current medications with doctors orders
- A copy of the History and Physical from your primary care physician
- Advanced directives
* If the primary care physician does not follow at our facility, we will give you our Physician Referral list so that you may choose a temporary physician for Respite Care.